Office Opening Hours:
April and May: 9am to 4pm
June to September: 9am to 5pm
October to March: 9am to 4pm except Thursdays 9am to 3pm
The office is open 7 days a week during June, July, August and September and is closed on Wednesdays the rest of the year.
Telephone: 01689 871200
Address: Sheepcote Lane, Orpington, BR5 4ET
Our gate is marked ‘Brocken Hurst’
Find us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/natfound
Directions to the Naturist Foundation
(Use satnav post code BR8 7QJ to get you to the junction of Star Lane and Sheepcote Lane)
- From M25 Junction 3 : Exit the roundabout onto London Road/B2173. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto High Street (B258), At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Nightingale Way, Turn left onto London Road. By The Bull Premier Inn, turn left onto Hockenden Lane. After just over 1mile turn right into Brocken Hurst.
- From M20 : At Junction 1, take the M25 south/B2173 exit to Swanley, At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto London Road, B2173. After a mile take the2nd exit onto the High Street/B258. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Swanley Lane/B258 and then take the 1st exit onto Bartholomew Way/B2173. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto London Road/B2173. Turn left onto Hockenden Lane and after 1 miles turn slight left onto Sheepcote Lane. After 0.6 mile, the gates of Brocken Hurst will be on the right.
- From Orpington war memorial : Take Spur Road/A232, turn left onto Court Road/Orpington By-Pass/A224 then turn immediately right onto Avalon Road, turn left onto Chelsfield Lane, at the mini roundabout take 2nd exit onto Cockmannings Road, turn left onto Waldens Road, slight left onto Crockenhill Road and turn right onto Crockenhill Road/B258. Next turn left onto Sheepcote Lane. Brocken Hurst will be on your left after 0.4 miles.
- Trains run directly from London Victoria to Swanley station. (About 26 mins). Mini cabs are available at the station.
- From London Bridge, change at Peckham Rye for trains to Swanley station. (About 45 mins)
- Alternatively, St Mary Cray is just under 2 miles from Brocken Hurst and takes approximately 40 minutes to walk via Star Lane. Take care walking this way as the road is narrow in parts and more hazardous with traffic at night.
- Exit the station and turn right onto Station Approach
- Turn left onto Sevonoaks Way/A224
- Cross the road safely. Turn right onto Station Road/B258
- Station Road turns slightly right and become High Street.
- Turn left onto Star Lane and continue walking uphill, pass St Mary Cray Cemetery until you reach the junction with Sheepcote Lane. You will see the grounds of The Naturist Foundation on your right after you’ve passed the farmer’s field.
- Turn right and the gates to Brocken Hurst are shortly on your right.
- From Orpington High Street (Stop R) : Take 477 towards Bluewater to Waldens Road. Walk heading southeast (approx 8 metres) on Crockenhill Road/B258. Turn left onto Sheepcote Lane. Brocken Hurst will be on your left after 0.4 miles.